Alexandra Park is situated in the south-west corner of downtown Toronto amongst diverse neighbourhoods and communities. Many of the surrounding areas are undergoing significant changes, such as the revitalization of Alexandra Park to the east. New developments in the vicinity are also a certainty. Given this context, more than ever, Alexandra Park needs the support of the community and the community needs Alexandra Park.
Some of the objectives of the Friends of Alexandra Park include:
- Ensure that community interests are adequately represented
- Encourage interaction among park users and residents, thereby strengthening the community.
- Raise funds for park improvements
- Work with City staff and other local organizations and businesses, to improve park conditions and create a safer, more attractive and enjoyable park
- Improve air quality by enhancing the park’s natural elements
- Develop valuable partnerships in the community
- Provide legitimacy and facilitate access to corporate funding and section 37 funds